What do I wear to class?
For Aerial Silks, Lyra Trapeze and Acro classes please wear comfortable form fitting clothing that covers your armpits, the backs of your knees and doesn’t ride up on your belly when you hang upside down. This will help you avoid getting silk burn. Yoga pants, leggings, leotards, unitards, spandex, etc are ideal. For Pole classes, leggings or shorts and a tank top or t shirt are appropriate. Avoid clothes with zippers or buttons that can cause damage to or catch on the equipment. Feel free to bring any grip products you may like. Don’t forget water!
Can I come to the Intermediate/Advanced classes?
The Intermediate/Advanced classes are open to certain students only. If you are a beginner, you must complete beginner curriculum before moving up to the Intermediate/Advanced classes. If you are looking for a challenge or feel like you are not moving quickly enough through our beginner curriculum, please think about scheduling private lessons. They are a great way to advance quickly and get stronger!
We welcome out of town aerialists and aerialists from other studios! Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are looking to test into our Intermediate/Advanced or Silks Drops classes. You must schedule a private lesson and test out of all required curriculum before attending any Intermediate/Advanced classes.
What if I am not strong enough to do aerial/pole?
Anyone can do Aerial or Pole! You do not need to have upper body or core strength to take any of our classes! Our classes are designed with individualized instruction in mind. We focus on correct form and technique as well as in-class conditioning, so our students progress safely and injury free! If you feel like you need a supplemental strength building class in addition to your regular aerial or pole classes, check out our Aerial Conditioning class or consider private lessons to build strength and endurance!
- Absolutely no students teaching other students.
- Late arrival is not tolerated. Students that are more than 15 minutes late may not be allowed to participate.
- Students may not continue practicing after the end time of their class. When class is over, students must stop what they are doing and come down from the apparatuses.
- Please respect instructors, other students and studio space/equipment
- No phone calls/texting during class. If it is an emergency, please handle it discreetly or go outside.
- We encourage students to be friendly and welcoming to new students, but please refrain from addressing administrative tasks and answering questions more appropriate for the instructor.
- Students must be actively engaged in class, including stretching and warm up. Students should follow along with the instructors through stretching, warm-up and conditioning.
- Please remove all jewelry (rings, long earrings, necklaces, etc.) as they can damage the equipment and lead to injury.
- Please avoid wearing lotion/oils on the day of class as it interferes with grip on the apparatuses.
- No alcohol or drugs on the premises. If we suspect that you are under the influence of any drugs you may be asked to leave without a refund.
- No drama! Please do not bring negativity into the studio. We strive to provide a fun and comfortable learning environment for all students!
What are my payment options?
Payment is expected prior to taking your class. Online registration is the most convenient way to book your spot in class. You will be asked to bring up your receipt on your smart phone at the beginning of class. We accept cash or card in the studio. All payments are non-refundable.
When does my class/punch card expire?
Classes and class packages expire 4 months from the date of purchase. When purchasing a 4, 8 or 15 week package, you will receive a punch card to keep track of your classes. A monthly All Access Pass is only valid for 30 days from the date of purchase.
You are required to sign our waiver to participate in any activities at Aerial Dragonfly Movement Studio. Any individual who refuses to sign a waiver will not be allowed to participate in classes. For minors, please be aware that a legal parent or guardian must sign on behalf of their OWN child. If a parent is not present, we can not legally allow the child to take part in an event/class/party/recital, etc.
Students are expected to be ON TIME to class. You will NOT be admitted to class if you are more than 15 minutes late. If you anticipate that you will late to class, please notify us by calling or texting (248) 509-5315 or write via email to email@example.com
We have a strict no jewelry policy for all classes!! Items like rings, long earrings, bracelets (including FitBits), necklaces, toe rings and some body piercings must be removed. If the jewelry may come in contact with the apparatus, it must be removed. Refusal or inability to remove an item may mean that you can not participate. Jewelry can damage expensive equipment and can directly contribute to injury.
It is a common practice in aerial training to share apparatuses with others. We kindly ask that you make sure you are clean and use hygiene products. Fingernails and toenails should be kept trimmed to avoid injury. We strive to be a scent neutral facility so please take necessary measures such as wearing deodorant or avoiding scented lotions or perfumes on the day of class.
No alcohol or drugs are allowed on the premises. If we suspect that you are under the influence of any drugs you may be asked to leave without a refund.
Equipment and Rigging
Students do not have permission to adjust or change any equipment or apparatuses. Students are expected to only to work on apparatuses specific to their class.
Aerial Dragonfly Movement Studio reserves the right to cancel classes if there are less than three students registered for a class within 24 hours of it’s scheduled time. We will do our best to notify students of these changes.
Classes are canceled when the Department of Transportation issues a “state of emergency” or there is “severe storm warning” (ie; tornado, blizzard,etc.). Since this is considered an “Act of Nature” and is not controlled by Aerial Dragonfly Movement Studio, we will not issue refunds. We will however, issue a credit that may be used for any walk in class of your choice.
If you are unsure if class may be cancelled for any of the reasons listed above, please check the ADMS Facebook page or website, call/text (248) 509-5315 or email firstname.lastname@example.org!